We discourage the disconnection of our services, but rather using all available means that give the customer the opportunity to pay.
This includes sending reminders through:
- SMS encouraging prompt payment of bills
- Bills sent to be accompanied by the date due
- 21 days is given to the customer within which he/she should have paid the bill
- Confirm that the customers have not paid before issuing the disconnection orders
- Effect disconnection as the very last resort
- First disconnection to be effected through a wire seal.
- Failure to pay within the due date, a disconnection is effected.
- Incase disconnection seal is broken a penalty of Kshs. 500 will be charged.
A connection will be put on shut down when:
- A connection is inaccessible for meter reading and non payment
Reconnection will be carried out after:
- Full payment of the amount due
- Part payment and, signing of agreement/promissory note to pay the balance by installment.
- Payment of reconnection fee as per our tariffs
- All customers will be reconnected within 24 hours after payment