- We undertake to issue a bill to all active accounts on a monthly basis.
- If we have undercharged you in any specific month due to either lack of access to your meter or misreading of the same, we are entitled to revise the bill to reflect the correct position.
- If we overcharged your account then the bill should be revised to correct the mistake.
- If the property has an unpaid debt on the water services bill then this debt has to be paid before a new account is opened to that property.
Meter Reading Service
- We undertake to read your meter on a monthly basis.
- If it is suspected that a meter on any property is malfunctioning, MEWASS may estimate the quantity of water supplied to the property during a specific period:
- By having regard to the quantity of water delivered to the property in any previous or subsequent period or periods.
- By having regard to the quantity of water delivered to any similar property during the period concerned.
- In any other way that is acceptable and reasonable.
- If you think that your meter is reading inaccurately, you may ask us to test it. You will be required to pay a testing fee of Kshs 500. If the test shows that the meter is over-recording or under-recording by more than 5%, we will replace it and credit your account with the test charge. We will also credit any amount you were overcharged, as per the readings of the new meter. If the meter is within the acceptable accuracy then the customer will forfeit the meter testing charge
- You are allowed to be present and witness the testing of your meter
- You may request for a special meter reading at a fee of Kshs 200 outside our normal meter reading cycle .This shall be done within five working days.
- Where a meter is not readily accessible customer get SMS requesting to submit meter readings by taking photo of the meter reading within 24hrs. Also the customer can use Mewass App to read and submit their own meter readings (a link to be provided)
Check Your Balance
Enable customer to check their balance using account number through the MEWASS Android App
Customers can check their account balance and get their statement by installing Mewass customer app on their Android phones. Follow the steps:
- Go to Google Play Store
- Search Mewass App
- Install App
- Open and add your account numbers
- Explore statement and balance tabs.
We make it easier for our customers to make payments by:
- MPesa Services
- Via Equity Mobile App
- Visiting Equity Bank branches and authorized agents
Pay Via Mpesa
- Go to the M-PESA Menu
- Select ‘Pay Bill’
- Enter the Business Number: 918350
- Enter your bill Account Number
- Enter the amount you wish to pay
- Key in your M-PESA PIN
- Confirm that your entries are correct then press OK
Pay Via Equity App
Install Equity Mobile App from Google Play Store
- Go to Pay Bill
- Select biller.
- Go to utilities.
- Select Meru Water And
- Sewerage Services
- Enter Account no.
- Enter amount.
Pay By Visiting Equity Bank
Customers who would like to pay their bills can do so at Equity bank and their agents. We further advices customers not to pay bills through our staff.